Tuesday 8 October 2013

Sad quotes

Sad quotes
Source:- Google.com.pk

We have made a society that does not know how to love. It only knows how to obsess and compromise. All of us, in one way or another, are caught in a cycle of aversion to pain that restricts us, binds us in ways that we may not be even aware to, but severely cripple our experience of life. I feel as if most of us are even afraid to admit a harmless, platonic love to another person. We are all capable of loving purely, in the way that has been taught countless times before, by Ghandi, by Buddha, by Jesus, and many others. Even if all the reasons we do not love naturally seem intimidating, they are nothing to what we as human beings can do. All it takes is a choice of personal power in order to honestly love and appreciate another person. I hope, and have always hoped, that the world as a whole will make this decision to evolve, to advance and mature as a species. Yet for all my posturing, I’m never sure of this reality myself, and I hardly see the signs of this evolution anywhere. I’m afraid, terrified. I’m afraid that at this point, love is broken and we don’t want to fix it.
I don’t believe in “love” as most of us do, not the romantic, idealized, abstract and perhaps ridiculous noun of an idea. I recognize “love” as the wholesome, grateful, accepting and respectful verb in action. I personally believe that all forms of love must be preceded by a genuine level of spiritual love and acceptance; anything else is either infatuation, obsession, or perversion. However, what I tend to see in society--no, not even just see but explicitly, personally experience and sense in society--is a serious straying from this idea which I can only view as a basic tenet for any kind of human, cooperative experience that can be considered remotely natural or sane. It is almost as if our culture has become emotionally, psychically, spiritually stagnant. For us, displays of affection are embarrassing. When I say embarrassing, I mean it becomes difficult for us to truly express our honest emotions towards another person; the number of people who have difficulty expressing themselves emotionally in coherent sentences is surprising: most people I have met are incapable of interpreting any kind of emotion other than the most basic such as anger, joy, and fear. How are we supposed to explore ourselves as human beings while so restricting ourselves to an external standard imposed on us by society, one which limits us from our own full emotional empowerment and potential? After all, our emotions are what drive everything in our lives whether we want to admit it or not. It seems as if somewhere along the road, we as a culture (particularly American culture and “white” culture in general), took a wrong turn and somehow ended up in an environment where it is as if we are rather tolerating each other rather than coexisting; measuring rather than collaborating; and suspecting one another rather than trusting and evolving as a species.

Sad quotes


Sad quotes


Sad quotes


Sad quotes


Sad quotes


Sad quotes


Sad quotes


Sad quotes


Sad quotes


Sad quotes


No comments:

Post a Comment